NCAA reveals pool of officials for Final Four
The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
ATLANTA -- The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
John Cahill, Tony Greene, Karl Hess, Lee Jones, John Higgins, Randy McCall and Mark Whitehead have all officiated previous Final Fours, while Mike Eades, Doug Simmons and Terry Wymer will have the opportunity to work their first semifinal or championship game.
The officials were recommended by John Adams, the NCAA's director of officiating, and approved Monday by the Division I men's basketball committee.
Three-man crews will work each game with a fourth official on standby. The assignments for the semifinals will be made Saturday morning with the championship officials announced Monday.
Louisville plays Wichita State in the first national semifinal Saturday night at the Georgia Dome. Michigan plays Syracuse in the other game.
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos