Florida F Yeguete has surgery on right knee
Florida Gators senior forward Will Yeguete underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday morning to clean up his right knee, the school announced.
Yeguete had the debridement procedure at UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, and his recovery is projected to take four months.
It is the second cleanup procedure he has had on the knee in the past four months. In a debridement procedure, damaged tissue is removed and the area is repaired.
The 6-foot-7, 247-pound Yeguete -- Florida's top interior defender and key player in the Gators' full-court press -- averaged 5.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 31 games last season. He missed five games in February after having arthroscopic surgery to remove loose bodies in his right knee.
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos