Florida F Yeguete has surgery on right knee
Florida Gators senior forward Will Yeguete underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday morning to clean up his right knee, the school announced.
Yeguete had the debridement procedure at UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, and his recovery is projected to take four months.
It is the second cleanup procedure he has had on the knee in the past four months. In a debridement procedure, damaged tissue is removed and the area is repaired.
The 6-foot-7, 247-pound Yeguete -- Florida's top interior defender and key player in the Gators' full-court press -- averaged 5.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 31 games last season. He missed five games in February after having arthroscopic surgery to remove loose bodies in his right knee.
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos