SEC hires Vincent as associate commissioner
The Southeastern Conference has hired LSU administrator Herb Vincent as associate commissioner for communications.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference has hired LSU administrator Herb Vincent as associate commissioner for communications.
The SEC announced Vincent's hiring on Friday. Currently LSU's associate vice chancellor for university relations and senior associate athletics director, he starts with the league in September.
SEC commissioner Mike Slive says Vincent "brings a wealth of experience as well as energy and passion for the SEC."
Vincent previously worked on the SEC staff from 1986-87 as assistant director of public relations. He has worked at LSU from 1998-2000 and again in various roles since 2002. In between, he worked as vice president for communications for the College Sports Southeast regional cable network.
He oversees communications, marketing and promotions for LSU, is the primary liaison with LSU Sports Properties and the department administrator for baseball.
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low 45 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos