UF's Driskel back vs. FSU; playing time unclear
Florida (No. 4 BCS, No. 6 AP) will get starting quarterback Jeff Driskel back for Saturday's showdown with No. 10 Florida State. How much he'll play, however, is uncertain.
UF coach Will Muschamp said Monday that Driskel was cleared to practice and would play against the Seminoles (10-1), but there won't be a determination on whether he'll start or how much he'll play until later in the week.
"Jeff Driskel will play in the game," Muschamp said. "What will be his percentage I don't know right now. We will not practice him today, but he will practice tomorrow. He probably could practice today, but in talking with (trainer) Anthony Pass, we felt like it would be best for him to have treatment today."
The 6-foot-4, 239-pound Driskel sat out Saturday's victory over Jacksonville State with a sprained right ankle, which he suffered late in the third quarter of the Gators' victory over Louisiana-Lafayette on Nov. 10. UF (10-1) started Jacoby Brissett against Jacksonville State, and he went 14-for-22 for 122 yards in the Gators' 23-0 victory.
Driskel started nine games after he and Brissett both started the season opener against Bowling Green (Driskel lined up at receiver). He has completed 64.8 percent of his passes for 1,324 yards and 10 touchdowns with three interceptions. He also is UF's second-leading rusher, with 424 yards and four touchdowns on 97 carries.
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors 17 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos