Source: Ex-Pitt back Shell can't transfer to ASU
Former Pitt running back Rushel Shell will not be allowed to transfer to Arizona State, where former Pitt coach Todd Graham is the head coach, according to a source
Shell requested a release from his scholarship to Arizona State, Arizona, Cal and UCLA. Shell also won't be allowed to transfer to Arizona because former Pitt staffers coach there as well.
Shell ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns as a true freshman.
Shell, 6-foot-1, 215 pounds, is a native of Hopewell, Pa., who committed to Graham before he left for Arizona State after only one season. He also will not be allowed to transfer to an ACC school.
Shell was a four-star recruit as rated by ESPN and the No. 26 player overall. He possesses size, speed and power, and was recruited by many schools including Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Oregon and Tennessee.
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 21 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos