Parole charge dismissed against Stow suspect
SAN FRANCISCO -- There has been a major development in the beating case of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow.
A commissioner dismissed the parole violation charge against suspect Giovanni Ramirez related to the beating of Stow outside Dodgers Stadium. Ramirez could still be charged in teh case, but as for now, he remains in jail only for unrelated parole violations.
In the meantime, Ramirez's 10-year-old daughter told police her father was with her the day Stow was attacked. The girl's mother, who did not want to be identified, says her daughter wanted to speak with police investigators.
Police arrested Ramirez two weeks ago for assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the Stow beating, but prosecutors have yet to charge him.
Stow remains in serious condition at San Francisco's General Hospital.
los angeles, crime, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno 8 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard