Parole charge dismissed against Stow suspect
SAN FRANCISCO -- There has been a major development in the beating case of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow.
A commissioner dismissed the parole violation charge against suspect Giovanni Ramirez related to the beating of Stow outside Dodgers Stadium. Ramirez could still be charged in teh case, but as for now, he remains in jail only for unrelated parole violations.
In the meantime, Ramirez's 10-year-old daughter told police her father was with her the day Stow was attacked. The girl's mother, who did not want to be identified, says her daughter wanted to speak with police investigators.
Police arrested Ramirez two weeks ago for assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the Stow beating, but prosecutors have yet to charge him.
Stow remains in serious condition at San Francisco's General Hospital.
los angeles, crime, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, mlb
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting 3 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 32 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 45 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 53 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos