Parole charge dismissed against Stow suspect
SAN FRANCISCO -- There has been a major development in the beating case of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow.
A commissioner dismissed the parole violation charge against suspect Giovanni Ramirez related to the beating of Stow outside Dodgers Stadium. Ramirez could still be charged in teh case, but as for now, he remains in jail only for unrelated parole violations.
In the meantime, Ramirez's 10-year-old daughter told police her father was with her the day Stow was attacked. The girl's mother, who did not want to be identified, says her daughter wanted to speak with police investigators.
Police arrested Ramirez two weeks ago for assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the Stow beating, but prosecutors have yet to charge him.
Stow remains in serious condition at San Francisco's General Hospital.
los angeles, crime, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 25 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Accuweather Forecast
39 min ago