Parole charge dismissed against Stow suspect
SAN FRANCISCO -- There has been a major development in the beating case of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow.
A commissioner dismissed the parole violation charge against suspect Giovanni Ramirez related to the beating of Stow outside Dodgers Stadium. Ramirez could still be charged in teh case, but as for now, he remains in jail only for unrelated parole violations.
In the meantime, Ramirez's 10-year-old daughter told police her father was with her the day Stow was attacked. The girl's mother, who did not want to be identified, says her daughter wanted to speak with police investigators.
Police arrested Ramirez two weeks ago for assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the Stow beating, but prosecutors have yet to charge him.
Stow remains in serious condition at San Francisco's General Hospital.
los angeles, crime, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 21 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District