Rockies place Guthrie on DL after fall from bike
The Colorado Rockies have placed right-hander Jeremy Guthrie on the 15-day disabled list a day after he injured his shoulder in a fall from his bicycle.
The Rockies' Opening Day starter was placed on the DL on Saturday, retroactive to Monday. He'll be eligible for reinstatement on May 8.
Guthrie said he was injured on Friday when the chain on his bike snapped as he was pedaling to the ballpark, causing him to tumble to the ground. He jammed his right shoulder in the fall.
The Rockies scratched Guthrie from his scheduled start on Saturday night against the New York Mets and replaced him with right-hander Guillermo Moscoso, who was recalled prior to the game from the team's Triple-A affiliate in Colorado Springs.
Guthrie, who threw lightly on the side on Saturday, was 2-1 with a 5.92 ERA in four starts this season.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered 53 min ago
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos