Rockies place Guthrie on DL after fall from bike
The Colorado Rockies have placed right-hander Jeremy Guthrie on the 15-day disabled list a day after he injured his shoulder in a fall from his bicycle.
The Rockies' Opening Day starter was placed on the DL on Saturday, retroactive to Monday. He'll be eligible for reinstatement on May 8.
Guthrie said he was injured on Friday when the chain on his bike snapped as he was pedaling to the ballpark, causing him to tumble to the ground. He jammed his right shoulder in the fall.
The Rockies scratched Guthrie from his scheduled start on Saturday night against the New York Mets and replaced him with right-hander Guillermo Moscoso, who was recalled prior to the game from the team's Triple-A affiliate in Colorado Springs.
Guthrie, who threw lightly on the side on Saturday, was 2-1 with a 5.92 ERA in four starts this season.
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 47 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 26 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 42 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos