Damon will make Indians debut vs. White Sox
Johnny Damon is set to make his season debut for the Cleveland Indians, starting in left field and batting leadoff against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.CHICAGO -- Johnny Damon is set to make his season debut for the Cleveland Indians, starting in left field and batting leadoff against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
Cleveland signed the 38-year-old free agent April 17 in hopes of jumpstarting an inconsistent offense. The Indians have scored just 20 runs in their last eight games but are still in first place in the AL Central, leading the White Sox by percentage points.
Damon, who hit .261 with 16 homers, 73 RBIs and 19 stolen bases in 150 games last year with Tampa Bay, is playing for his fourth different club in four years and seventh overall.
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos