Damon will make Indians debut vs. White Sox
Johnny Damon is set to make his season debut for the Cleveland Indians, starting in left field and batting leadoff against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.CHICAGO -- Johnny Damon is set to make his season debut for the Cleveland Indians, starting in left field and batting leadoff against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
Cleveland signed the 38-year-old free agent April 17 in hopes of jumpstarting an inconsistent offense. The Indians have scored just 20 runs in their last eight games but are still in first place in the AL Central, leading the White Sox by percentage points.
Damon, who hit .261 with 16 homers, 73 RBIs and 19 stolen bases in 150 games last year with Tampa Bay, is playing for his fourth different club in four years and seventh overall.
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos