Spurs' Ginobili expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
The timetable released by the Spurs on Monday comes a day after Ginobili did not play in an 88-86 loss to the Miami Heat. The 35-year-old Ginobili injured his right hamstring in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers last week.
The regular season ends April 17. San Antonio is 1.5 games ahead of Oklahoma City for the top seed in the Western Conference and may now have to protect that lead without its third-leading scorer. Ginobili is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists.
The Spurs recently went 6-2 without All-Star Tony Parker before the point guard returned from an ankle sprain.
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos