Pistons' Maxiell (eye surgery) out for season
Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.TORONTO -- Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.
Maxiell began complaining of blurry vision last week and didn't travel with the team for Sunday's loss at Chicago. He stayed home in Detroit to visit a specialist, who diagnosed the injury.
Detroit's first-round pick in the 2005 draft, Maxiell has spent his entire eight-year career with the Pistons and will be a free agent this summer. He averaged 6.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks this season.
The Pistons, who have lost three straight and 16 of 18, were also without guard Will Bynum (strained right hand) for Monday's game at Toronto.
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos