NBA breaks ties to determine order for lottery
The Detroit Pistons won a tiebreaker with the Washington Wizards, giving them slightly better odds to finish with the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
Both teams finished 29-53 this season. The Pistons will have 36 chances out of 1,000 heading into next month's lottery and Washington will have 35.
The NBA settled broke three other ties through random drawings Friday:
• Philadelphia (34-48) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
• Houston (45-37) won a tiebreaker with Chicago and the Lakers; the Lakers then won a tiebreaker with Chicago.
• The Clippers (56-26) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
The Orlando Magic, with a league-worst 20-62 record, will have a 25 percent chance of winning the lottery.
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 49 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos