Bulls' Thibodeau fined $35K for comments
Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau has been fined $35,000 for his postgame comments regarding the officiating in Game 3.
DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau has been fined $35,000 for his postgame comments regarding the officiating in Game 3 of the team's Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Miami Heat.
"I see how things are going, I watch very closely," Thibodeau said after Game 3. "We're not going to get calls, that's reality."
Thibodeau was done talking about the issue at shootaround on Monday morning.
"I got no comment on that. We're just getting ready for Game 4," Thibodeau said.
The fiery coach was clearly perturbed about the calls that have been going against the Bulls, though. After Nazr Mohammed was ejected for pushing Heat star LeBron James to the floor, Thibodeau fired back that James might have been acting.
"From my angle, I saw a guy basically flop," Thibodeau said of James. "I don't think it warranted an ejection. I understand a flagrant foul, I understand that, but ejection, no, nope."
On Sunday, James responded to the flop allegations.
"It's kind of the same as when people said I was overrated, I have the same response," James said. "I don't need to flop. I play an aggressive game but I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys. I don't need to flop. I don't even know how to do it. So it doesn't mean much to me."
The series between the Bulls and Heat already has been filled with technical fouls and ejections, and it's clear the players and coaches believe that will continue heading into Game 4.
"Playoff basketball," Thibodeau said after Sunday's practice. "That's normal."
Bulls forward Jimmy Butler agreed.
"Definitely," he said of the physical nature of the series. "I feel like that's what it's been from the very beginning. I don't expect it to change ... the last game, it's over with. But we're coming in and we want to be the aggressor."
ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst contributed to this report.
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 28 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos