Landry opts out of his contract with Warriors
Power forward Carl Landry has opted out of the final year of his two-year, $8 million deal with the Golden State Warriors to become a free agent.
Landry's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Wednesday that his client was coming off a big season and it only made sense for him to hit the open market in hopes of landing a long-term deal. He added that Landry could still return to the Warriors.
The Warriors had expected Landry to become a free agent. General manager Bob Myers said last week that Landry's contract called for him to inform the team of his decision before Thursday, when the NBA draft will take place.
The 29-year-old Landry averaged 10.8 points and six rebounds in 23.2 minutes off the bench last season.
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos