Source: Steelers' Taylor to miss 3-6 weeks
Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor injured his right ankle in the first series against the Ravens on Sunday and is expected to miss three to six weeks, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The Pittsburgh Steelers likely will be without their top cornerback as they make their push for the playoffs.
Ike Taylor is expected to miss three to six weeks after injuring his right ankle in the first series against the Ravens on Sunday, a source has told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Taylor, who has an interception and 13 passes defensed in 12 games this season, was seen on the sideline with a walking boot. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam Monday.
The Ravens picked on Taylor's replacement, Cortez Allen, who was flagged for a 30-yard pass interference penalty (which led to a field goal) and was beaten on a 28-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin.
"During the course of the game, I had some ups and downs," Allen said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
"It was important to stay mentally tough and sound to my technique," he said, according to the newspaper. "As a cornerback, you have to have a short memory. I won some and lost some, but I stayed consistent and positive in the second half."
Pittsburgh (7-5), however, snapped its two-game losing streak Sunday with a 23-20 victory at Baltimore and kept alive its slim hopes of overtaking the Ravens (9-3) in the AFC North.
The Steelers currently own the sixth and final playoff spot in the AFC.
Information from ESPN.com AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley was used in this report.
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos