Sherman's appeal set for Dec. 14, source says
The appeal of Richard Sherman's four-game suspension now is scheduled for Dec. 14, which means the Seattle Seahawks cornerback will play Sunday at home against Arizona, according to a league source.
The appeal of Richard Sherman's four-game suspension is scheduled for Dec. 14, which means the Seattle Seahawks cornerback will be able to play Sunday at home against Arizona, according to a league source.
Meanwhile, the Seahawks' other starting cornerback, Brandon Browner, still has not had a date determined for his appeal, which means he also is likely to play Sunday against the Cardinals.
Both were suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. Appeals usually are heard at the league office in New York.
Both cornerbacks tested positive for Adderall, sources told ESPN. USA Today reported that Sherman accidentally took the drug by drinking from a bottle into which a teammate had added a crushed Adderall pill.
Browner and Sherman are key to the Seahawks' defense. Browner was a Pro Bowl selection a season ago, and Sherman has quickly climbed the ranks of the elite cornerbacks in the league in just his second season. Their ability to play one-on-one, physical defense is largely why Seattle has the fifth-best pass defense in the NFL.
The Seahawks, who improved to 7-5 after Sunday's overtime victory at Chicago, currently occupy the sixth and final playoff spot in the NFC.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000 37 min ago
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- Holiday season cookies and cocktails
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos