Phillips, Pierre-Paul both active vs. Redskins
New York Giants safety Kenny Phillips and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul were active and played Monday against the Washington Redskins.
Phillips was listed as doubtful after aggravating a knee injury last Sunday night against Green Bay. But Phillips, who missed six games earlier this season due to the injury, was good to go against Washington.
Pierre-Paul had been bothered by a back issue and was listed as questionable. But Giants coach Tom Coughlin expected him to play all along, since the star defensive end has dealt with back issues in the past.
Although Pierre-Paul was active, Osi Umenyiora was announced as the Giants' starter at right defensive end.
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos