Phillips, Pierre-Paul both active vs. Redskins
New York Giants safety Kenny Phillips and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul were active and played Monday against the Washington Redskins.
Phillips was listed as doubtful after aggravating a knee injury last Sunday night against Green Bay. But Phillips, who missed six games earlier this season due to the injury, was good to go against Washington.
Pierre-Paul had been bothered by a back issue and was listed as questionable. But Giants coach Tom Coughlin expected him to play all along, since the star defensive end has dealt with back issues in the past.
Although Pierre-Paul was active, Osi Umenyiora was announced as the Giants' starter at right defensive end.
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos