Buccaneers add backfield depth, sign Hillis
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers added some insurance to their backfield Tuesday by signing veteran Peyton Hillis.
Second-year pro Doug Martin remains the feature back, but Hillis gives the Bucs an option behind him. Hillis rushed for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns and caught 61 passes for 477 yards and two touchdowns in 2010 with the Cleveland Browns.
Injuries reduced his numbers the past two seasons. Hillis rushed for 587 yards for Cleveland in 2011 and 309 yards for Kansas City last season.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos