Past champ O'Meara to miss Open with injury
Former champion Mark O'Meara has withdrawn from the British Open next week because of an injury.LYTHAM, England -- Former champion Mark O'Meara has withdrawn from the British Open next week because of an injury.
The Royal & Ancient did not disclose the nature of the injury in announcing Tuesday that the 54-year-old O'Meara has pulled out.
O'Meara won in 1998 at Royal Birkdale at age 40, making him the oldest player to win two majors in one year. He had won the Masters that April.
O'Meara was not replaced in the field because the Open already is above the 156-man limit.
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon 41 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos