Giroux leaving German club due to neck injury
Star center Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers is leaving his club in the German league to seek medical attention for a neck injury, his agent Pat Brisson told ESPN.com Tuesday morning.
Giroux suffered the injury in a game last Friday with Berlin. He also underwent concussion tests in Germany over the weekend.
In a text message, Giroux said he'll be "fine."
"We want to make sure we get the right diagnosis with the neck injury. It's a precaution," Brisson said. "We believe it's a minor injury. He felt better yesterday, but we just don't want to take any chances."
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos