Giroux leaving German club due to neck injury
Star center Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers is leaving his club in the German league to seek medical attention for a neck injury, his agent Pat Brisson told ESPN.com Tuesday morning.
Giroux suffered the injury in a game last Friday with Berlin. He also underwent concussion tests in Germany over the weekend.
In a text message, Giroux said he'll be "fine."
"We want to make sure we get the right diagnosis with the neck injury. It's a precaution," Brisson said. "We believe it's a minor injury. He felt better yesterday, but we just don't want to take any chances."
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera 37 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos