Giroux leaving German club due to neck injury
Star center Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers is leaving his club in the German league to seek medical attention for a neck injury, his agent Pat Brisson told ESPN.com Tuesday morning.
Giroux suffered the injury in a game last Friday with Berlin. He also underwent concussion tests in Germany over the weekend.
In a text message, Giroux said he'll be "fine."
"We want to make sure we get the right diagnosis with the neck injury. It's a precaution," Brisson said. "We believe it's a minor injury. He felt better yesterday, but we just don't want to take any chances."
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos