Obama urges both sides for lockout resolution
President Barack Obama is urging the NHL and the players' association to "do right by your fans" and find a solution to the league's lockout.WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is urging the NHL and the players' association to "do right by your fans" and find a solution to the league's lockout.
Obama says in an interview with WCCO-TV in Minneapolis that as president, he shouldn't have to get involved in a sports lockout. He says owners and players "make a lot of money and you make a lot of money on the backs of the fans, so do right by your fans."
Representatives from both sides met with a federal mediator on Thursday but didn't make any noticeable progress. The two sides appear no closer to a deal to save the season.
Obama says both sides "can figure out how to spread out a bunch of revenue" and should do right by the people who support them.
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos