Love match: Ovechkin, Kirilenko get engaged
Game, set and goal for hockey's Alex Ovechkin and tennis' Maria Kirilenko, who are planning to tie the knot.
The Washington Capitals forward and two-time NHL MVP took to Twitter on Monday and announced: "We are engaged !!!!!!! )))))))))"
Ovechkin's agent also offered congratulations to the Russian couple.
Ovechkin is 27 and has been playing in Moscow during the NHL lockout. Kirilenko is 25 and is 14th in the WTA world rankings.
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos