Canucks' Edler gets 2-game ban for charging
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler has been suspended two games without pay for charging Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith.NEW YORK -- Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler has been suspended two games without pay for charging Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith.
The incident occurred at 18:17 of the second period of Vancouver's 2-1 win. Edler was assessed a five-minute major for charging on the play.
Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14.
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos