Canucks' Edler gets 2-game ban for charging
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler has been suspended two games without pay for charging Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith.NEW YORK -- Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler has been suspended two games without pay for charging Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith.
The incident occurred at 18:17 of the second period of Vancouver's 2-1 win. Edler was assessed a five-minute major for charging on the play.
Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14.
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos