Sharks D Vlasic fined for slashing Heatley
San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been fined for slashing Minnesota's Dany Heatley.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been fined for slashing Minnesota's Dany Heatley.
The NHL fined Vlasic $8,378.38 for the infraction at the end of Wednesday's 4-2 victory against the Wild.
Vlasic and Heatley were jostling in the closing seconds of the game. After Vlasic delivered a cross check, Heatley responded by swinging his stick at Vlasic. He missed and Vlasic retaliated and hit Heatley with his stick.
The Wild were upset after the game because Heatley was hurt. But the NHL says the injury came in the ensuing scrum and not from the slash.
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 52 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos