Ducks sign BC star Whitney to 2-year deal
The Anaheim Ducks have signed high-scoring forward Steven Whitney to a two-year, entry-level contract.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed high-scoring forward Steven Whitney to a two-year, entry-level contract.
The Ducks announced the deal Thursday with Whitney, who spent the past four seasons at Boston College.
Whitney was one of the nation's best available undrafted free agents after scoring 45 points in 38 games for the Eagles this past season, ranking second in the nation with 26 goals. He won the Walter Brown Award as the best American-born college hockey player in New England.
Boston College won two NCAA titles and all four Beanpot tournaments during Whitney's career. The Massachusetts native scored 128 points in 160 career games.
Whitney is likely to start his pro career with the Ducks' AHL affiliate in Norfolk.
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos