EPA Denies California Waiver
2/29/2008 Fresno (KFSN) -- The Environmental Protection Agency says it denied California's Greenhouse Gas Waiver because the problem isn't unique to the state.
The E.P.A. released a long-awaited scientific justification for its decision blocking the state from reducing greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks.
A 48-page decision document argues California doesn't have "compelling and extraordinary conditions" required under the Clean Air Act because the rest of the nation also suffers the effects of global warming.
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 44 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 29 min ago
- Avatars helping athletes 19 min ago
- Costly headphone disappoints 15 min ago
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times 33 min ago
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire 38 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Consumer Watch: Costly headphone disappoints
17 min ago
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay...
50 min ago