EPA Denies California Waiver
2/29/2008 Fresno (KFSN) -- The Environmental Protection Agency says it denied California's Greenhouse Gas Waiver because the problem isn't unique to the state.
The E.P.A. released a long-awaited scientific justification for its decision blocking the state from reducing greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks.
A 48-page decision document argues California doesn't have "compelling and extraordinary conditions" required under the Clean Air Act because the rest of the nation also suffers the effects of global warming.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos