Pastor Rick Warren Asks for $900,000, Receives $2.4 million
California News (KFSN) -- Evangelical Pastor Rick Warren is getting an overwhelming response from parishioners at his Southern California mega-church.
Since asking for financial help on New Year's Eve, parishioners have donated close to $2.5 million to the church.
He made the announcement during a sermon at the church on Saturday.
Thursday, Warren posted an urgent letter on his church's website asking for $900,000.
The pastor said expenses are up because parishioners are out of work and the "bottom dropped out" when year-end donations dropped dramatically.
Warren said the new donations are "amazing" and says the church will now start the new decade with a surplus.
economy, new year's eve, state
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 27 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos