L.A., San Francisco call for Arizona boycott
Los Angeles is joining San Francisco is calling for a financial boycott of Arizona.
It could have a big impact, especially for the L.A. Dept of Water and Power which has plants in the Grand Canyon state.
State Senator President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg is urging Governor Schwarzenegger to review contracts the state has with Arizona and cancel them if he can, as a protest against that state's immigration law.
Schwarzenegger has not yet replied, but told reporters that immigration matters are the responsibility of the federal government.
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 8 min ago
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years