Governor declares state of emergency in Kern County
LEBEC, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency in Kern County ... where a wildfire is only 30-percent contained.
The "Post" fire broke out Tuesday afternoon in the Lebec area along Interstate 5 ... about 60-miles northwest of Los Angeles.
The fire has burned more than 13-hundred acres, so far. Late last night, residents received the all-clear sign to return to their homes after they were forced to evacuate.
A number of local crews are in Kern County -- to help put out the flames, including 87-firefighters from Tulare Cal-Fire and 90-firefighters from Madera-Mariposa Cal-Fire.
widlfire, brush fire, fire, state
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 49 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 6 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 15 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Some Mariposa County families are back home
50 min ago