Schwarzenegger assures shoppers eggs are safe
SACRAMENTO, CA (KFSN) -- Governor Schwarzenegger dropped by a Sacramento grocery store Tuesday to assure shoppers the eggs are safe.
Last month, a salmonella outbreak led to the recall of about 550 million eggs nationwide. The tainted eggs, produced in Iowa, sickened nearly 1,500 people.
On Tuesday, the governor stressed that eggs produced in California were not included in the recall and remain safe to eat.
"California eggs have quality assurance and this is a program that has been put in place a decade ago, and since then, we never had a problem with our eggs in California," he said.
The governor says he is a big fan of eggs early in his bodybuilding career. He ate up to 12 eggs a day.
arnold schwarzenegger, state
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals