Anaheim police say boys were abducted by father
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Police say they have found a van that was the subject of a nationwide Amber Alert after two small boys were abducted by their father and grandfather in Orange County.
Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez said Friday that the gray Dodge Caravan was found, but declined to say where. The men and boys, ages 2 and 4, remain missing.
Martinez says he believes the four are in the general area and may be trying to hide with friends.
Police have identified the suspects as the boys' biological father, 23-year-old Abraham Fernandez, and his father, 52-year-old Louis Mendoza Fernandez. The men live in Texas.
amber alert, state
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer
- Man accused of Visalia teen's death pleads not guilty