Facebook pics reason behind Navy helicopters' dip into Lake Tahoe
SAN FRANCISCO (KFSN) -- We now know why two Navy helicopters were hovering so low over Lake Tahoe this fall.
As we reported in September, the pilots positioned their $33 million helicopters just a few feet above the water in Emerald Bay, but did not have enough power to keep hovering. Both choppers dipped into the water, the damage cost half a million dollars to repair.
A Navy official now says they were taking pictures for their unit's Facebook page and will not be punished for their actions.
lake tahoe, facebook, state
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos