PG&E gas pipeline in San Bruno fire had defects
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The gas pipeline that triggered the devastating explosion and fire in San Bruno had many defective welds.
That's according to a preliminary report Friday from federal investigators. The blast killed eight people and destroyed 38 homes.
The National Transportation Safety Board found over a hundred examples of incomplete or cracked welds that did not meet the 1956 standards when the pipe was installed.
The government has not yet determined the cause of the blast.
fire, explosion, gas line, pg&e, state
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez 43 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos