PG&E gas pipeline in San Bruno fire had defects
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The gas pipeline that triggered the devastating explosion and fire in San Bruno had many defective welds.
That's according to a preliminary report Friday from federal investigators. The blast killed eight people and destroyed 38 homes.
The National Transportation Safety Board found over a hundred examples of incomplete or cracked welds that did not meet the 1956 standards when the pipe was installed.
The government has not yet determined the cause of the blast.
fire, explosion, gas line, pg&e, state
- Fire burning at winery near Reedley 1 min ago
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos