Local Amber Alert still in place for Juliani Cardenas
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A local Amber Alert remains in effect for a four-year-old Stanislaus County boy -- now missing for close to a week.
The missing boy is Juliani Cardenas. The Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department says his mother's ex-boyfriend kidnapped the boy from his grandmother's home in Patterson, last week.
Volunteers showed up at the Cardenas family home, Sunday, to pick up flyers with pictures of Juliani and his suspected abductor. They spent the day hanging up the flyers up and down the valley -- including here in Fresno.
The boy's mother says it's important people stay vigilant. "And I need you to keep eyes out and you keep watching for that Corolla. Keep.. you know ... the people that work at the gas station, the liquor stores please keep your eyes out and call 911."
Authorities have focused their search for Juliani on a nearby canal in Patterson. A witness reported seeing a vehicle matching the description of the alleged kidnapper's vehicle go into the water -- but officers have suspended their search for the car until at least Tuesday -- to give divers a 48-hour break.
Investigators believe 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez took Juliani. Rodriguez is described as 5'9", 180-pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a white and black shirt, checkered shorts and a beanie.
He drove a Silver Toyota Corolla with California license plate 6HBW445. If you see this car or know where Rodriguez might be, you are urged to call 911 immediately.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
amber alert, state
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos