Los Angeles teen confesses to killing mother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities have just released the name of a Southern California teen accused of killing his mother.
Investigators in Los Angeles County say 19-year-old Moises Meraz-Espinoza is in custody after he confessed to the killing and led police to his mother's remains.
Authorities say the teen walked into a Huntington Park Police Station Friday and said he murdered his mother and put her body in a freezer at their apartment.
The murder has left other family members and neighbors in shock.
"His mother, she's a lovely lady, she worked all her life to take care of him," Epifanio Hernandez said.
Authorities are still investigating the motive for the murder. The teen is being held without bail.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
los angeles, murder, crimetracker, state
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 57 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos