Los Angeles teen confesses to killing mother
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities have just released the name of a Southern California teen accused of killing his mother.
Investigators in Los Angeles County say 19-year-old Moises Meraz-Espinoza is in custody after he confessed to the killing and led police to his mother's remains.
Authorities say the teen walked into a Huntington Park Police Station Friday and said he murdered his mother and put her body in a freezer at their apartment.
The murder has left other family members and neighbors in shock.
"His mother, she's a lovely lady, she worked all her life to take care of him," Epifanio Hernandez said.
Authorities are still investigating the motive for the murder. The teen is being held without bail.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
los angeles, murder, crimetracker, state
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 22 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February 30 min ago
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor