Abducted infant located after car stolen in Salinas
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Northern California have called off an amber alert after finding a missing one-month-old girl safe and sound.
Mariana Corona was in her mother's car when it was stolen from a Morgan Hill parking lot Tuesday afternoon.
The car and the infant were found in Salinas, which is about 40 miles away from Morgan Hill.
Police say the child's mother left the car running with the baby inside when she briefly went in to a church food pantry to get some groceries. When she came back out, the car was gone.
Police are not revealing whether the person who stole the car has been arrested.
amber alert, state
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy