Fire chars 160 acres in Corona orange grove
CORONA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A brush fire burned a swath of an old orange grove in Corona Thursday, sending up thick clouds of smoke near Temescal Canyon.
Firefighters had the 160-acre blaze about 20 percent contained by 5 p.m. Thursday.
The blaze was reported at about 1 p.m. near Interstate 15, charring approximately 150 acres between Corona and Lake Elsinore as of Thursday afternoon.
More than 80 firefighters were battling the blaze.
The area consists of homes, orange groves and open vegetation. No evacuations were ordered and no injuries were reported.
The fire was burning in the hills above the Trilogy Golf Club, and was not affected.
The cause of the blaze was not immediately determined.
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 2 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender 50 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Hanford man arrested in child porn,...
4 min ago