JetBlue offers $4.00 flights over Carmageddon
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two days to go until "Carmageddon" and Southern California drivers are already starting to plot how to beat the traffic.
Motorists in the Los Angeles area are bracing for the detour that will shut down parts of the 405 Freeway, one of the busiest stretches of freeway in country.
The closure starts Friday and will last until Monday morning. The city has put on a media blitz to spread the word, posting signs on bridge billboards and talking about it on radio and television.
For some the best alternative route may be thousands of feet above the city. JetBlue Airways began offering special $4.00 one-way flights between Long Beach Airport and Bob Hope Airport in Burbank for Saturday. That includes taxes and fees and for a dollar more you can upgrade to first-class. And yes, it's a non-stop flight.
los angeles, state
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer