Cajon Pass wildfires in SoCal force evacuations
CAJON PASS, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KFSN) -- Two brush fires burning near the 15 Freeway in the Cajon Pass forced the evacuation of residents in the area on Monday.
The fire department ordered the evacuation of four homes at Matthews Ranch on Matthews Ranch Road. One mobile home at Matthews Ranch has been destroyed.
Silverwood Lake Park is under voluntary evacuation orders. The fires began on the northbound 15 between Kenwood Avenue and Cleghorn Road about 1 p.m. According to the U.S. Forest Service, the Ken Fire has burned about 250 acres and is 10 percent contained. The Swarthout Fire burned about three acres.
Flames were reportedly jumping onto the freeway. Two northbound lanes were closed, but all southbound lanes remained open.
Caltrans advised commuters to avoid the area because heavy delays were expected.
fire, widlfire, state
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 1 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 34 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 57 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase