Cajon Pass wildfires in SoCal force evacuations
CAJON PASS, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KFSN) -- Two brush fires burning near the 15 Freeway in the Cajon Pass forced the evacuation of residents in the area on Monday.
The fire department ordered the evacuation of four homes at Matthews Ranch on Matthews Ranch Road. One mobile home at Matthews Ranch has been destroyed.
Silverwood Lake Park is under voluntary evacuation orders. The fires began on the northbound 15 between Kenwood Avenue and Cleghorn Road about 1 p.m. According to the U.S. Forest Service, the Ken Fire has burned about 250 acres and is 10 percent contained. The Swarthout Fire burned about three acres.
Flames were reportedly jumping onto the freeway. Two northbound lanes were closed, but all southbound lanes remained open.
Caltrans advised commuters to avoid the area because heavy delays were expected.
fire, widlfire, state
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley 45 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition 10 min ago
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000