Cajon Pass wildfires in SoCal force evacuations
CAJON PASS, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KFSN) -- Two brush fires burning near the 15 Freeway in the Cajon Pass forced the evacuation of residents in the area on Monday.
The fire department ordered the evacuation of four homes at Matthews Ranch on Matthews Ranch Road. One mobile home at Matthews Ranch has been destroyed.
Silverwood Lake Park is under voluntary evacuation orders. The fires began on the northbound 15 between Kenwood Avenue and Cleghorn Road about 1 p.m. According to the U.S. Forest Service, the Ken Fire has burned about 250 acres and is 10 percent contained. The Swarthout Fire burned about three acres.
Flames were reportedly jumping onto the freeway. Two northbound lanes were closed, but all southbound lanes remained open.
Caltrans advised commuters to avoid the area because heavy delays were expected.
fire, widlfire, state
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos