Modesto teacher moves in with former student, 18
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley mother is outraged over a high school teacher who is now living with her 18-year-old daughter. The teen was a former student of the teacher.
Their relationship is now getting national attention on Good Morning America. James Hooker, 41, has known Jordan Powers since her freshman year, and he told the Modesto Bee that they are just following their hearts.
Hooker quit his job at the high school last week, left his wife and kids, and moved into an apartment with Jordan.
Even though Jordan turned 18 in September, her mother believes that Hooker has committed a crime. "There were text messages... that's pursuit, in my opinion," said Tammie Powers.
Tammie says that she was shocked to find out that Hooker arrived at her home while she was away to move Jordan's things out of her bedroom. She's now using her Facebook page into a warning for other parents.
modesto, good morning america, state
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 48 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy 43 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about