Modesto teacher moves in with former student, 18
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley mother is outraged over a high school teacher who is now living with her 18-year-old daughter. The teen was a former student of the teacher.
Their relationship is now getting national attention on Good Morning America. James Hooker, 41, has known Jordan Powers since her freshman year, and he told the Modesto Bee that they are just following their hearts.
Hooker quit his job at the high school last week, left his wife and kids, and moved into an apartment with Jordan.
Even though Jordan turned 18 in September, her mother believes that Hooker has committed a crime. "There were text messages... that's pursuit, in my opinion," said Tammie Powers.
Tammie says that she was shocked to find out that Hooker arrived at her home while she was away to move Jordan's things out of her bedroom. She's now using her Facebook page into a warning for other parents.
modesto, good morning america, state
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather