Modesto teacher moves in with former student, 18
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley mother is outraged over a high school teacher who is now living with her 18-year-old daughter. The teen was a former student of the teacher.
Their relationship is now getting national attention on Good Morning America. James Hooker, 41, has known Jordan Powers since her freshman year, and he told the Modesto Bee that they are just following their hearts.
Hooker quit his job at the high school last week, left his wife and kids, and moved into an apartment with Jordan.
Even though Jordan turned 18 in September, her mother believes that Hooker has committed a crime. "There were text messages... that's pursuit, in my opinion," said Tammie Powers.
Tammie says that she was shocked to find out that Hooker arrived at her home while she was away to move Jordan's things out of her bedroom. She's now using her Facebook page into a warning for other parents.
modesto, good morning america, state
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny 37 min ago
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 10 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect