NRC chair to visit San Onofre nuclear plant
LOS ANGELES -- The chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission will visit the troubled San Onofre nuclear power plant on the California coast this week, in the midst of a probe into excessive wear in tubing.
The agency said Wednesday NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko (YAZ-koh) will tour the plant Friday, and meet later with reporters.
The NRC says the twin reactors at San Onofre, located between San Diego and Los Angeles, will remain shut down while investigators try to determine why tubing in massive steam generators that carry radioactive water is eroding at an unusual rate.
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Parker surprises fans with Parker Gram
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos