New Charles Manson photo shows shaggy, aged prisoner
LOS ANGELES -- California corrections officials have released a new photograph of convicted cult killer Charles Manson that shows the 77-year-old with long hair, a shaggy beard and a swastika scar on his forehead.
The photo was taken last June and released Wednesday. The buzz cut he had in his last picture is gone, his hair and beard are now long and gray. He's had the carved swastika scar for decades.
Manson is scheduled for his 12th parole hearing next week. He's serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the killings of nine people, including the 1969 deaths of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people in cult attacks.
Three of his followers also are serving life sentences. A fourth, Susan Atkins, died in prison in 2009.
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide