New Charles Manson photo shows shaggy, aged prisoner
LOS ANGELES -- California corrections officials have released a new photograph of convicted cult killer Charles Manson that shows the 77-year-old with long hair, a shaggy beard and a swastika scar on his forehead.
The photo was taken last June and released Wednesday. The buzz cut he had in his last picture is gone, his hair and beard are now long and gray. He's had the carved swastika scar for decades.
Manson is scheduled for his 12th parole hearing next week. He's serving a life sentence at Corcoran State Prison for the killings of nine people, including the 1969 deaths of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people in cult attacks.
Three of his followers also are serving life sentences. A fourth, Susan Atkins, died in prison in 2009.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 3 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos