Thomas Kinkade's brother says artist relapsed into alcoholism
MONTE SERENO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thomas Kinkade's brother says the artist battled alcoholism for several years and had a relapse right before his death.
The artist died last week at age 54 of what a spokesman has said were natural causes. An autopsy is pending.
Patrick Kinkade told the San Jose Mercury News his brother had been troubled by a longtime drinking problem and also dealing with splitting from his wife two years ago. He said his brother had been drinking all night and was not moving when authorities were called to his home, according to a recording of a dispatcher involved in the response.
Thomas Kinkade was known for his sentimental paintings. His commercial empire was said to generate about $100 million a year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword 3 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people 34 min ago
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos