Bay Area couple allegedly shot, killed daughter's pimp
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A San Francisco couple faces murder charges for allegedly killing a man last week they suspected of pimping their teenage daughter.
The San Francisco Chronicle says Barry Gilton and his girlfriend Lupe Mercado appeared in court Wednesday on murder and other charges for the shooting death of 22-year-old Calvin Sneed. Both are being held on $2 million bail.
Police said once the couple found out their 17-year-old daughter might be a working prostitute for Sneed, they searched across the state for their child. Authorities believe the pair were responsible for a shooting last month where someone fired into Sneed's car in North Hollywood.
Sneed was shot and killed in San Francisco on June 4. Police believe Gilton was the shooter.
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking 38 min ago
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos