Bay Area couple allegedly shot, killed daughter's pimp
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A San Francisco couple faces murder charges for allegedly killing a man last week they suspected of pimping their teenage daughter.
The San Francisco Chronicle says Barry Gilton and his girlfriend Lupe Mercado appeared in court Wednesday on murder and other charges for the shooting death of 22-year-old Calvin Sneed. Both are being held on $2 million bail.
Police said once the couple found out their 17-year-old daughter might be a working prostitute for Sneed, they searched across the state for their child. Authorities believe the pair were responsible for a shooting last month where someone fired into Sneed's car in North Hollywood.
Sneed was shot and killed in San Francisco on June 4. Police believe Gilton was the shooter.
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 4 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 12 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
5 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos