Davis pepper-spray cop not working at school
DAVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A University of California, Davis police officer caught on camera pepper-spraying students during a protest no longer works for the university.
A spokeswoman for the school said Lt. John Pike's employment with the school ended on Tuesday. She declined to specify if Pike quit or was fired.
The 39-year-old had been on paid leave since the incident last November.
Footage of Pike spraying the student demonstrators during an Occupy protest on campus went viral and sparked outrage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 26 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 5 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 58 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes