Davis pepper-spray cop not working at school
DAVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A University of California, Davis police officer caught on camera pepper-spraying students during a protest no longer works for the university.
A spokeswoman for the school said Lt. John Pike's employment with the school ended on Tuesday. She declined to specify if Pike quit or was fired.
The 39-year-old had been on paid leave since the incident last November.
Footage of Pike spraying the student demonstrators during an Occupy protest on campus went viral and sparked outrage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 43 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's