Fallen Turlock National Guard Soldier returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of a California National Guard Soldier arrived at the Modesto Airport late Tuesday morning.
Benjamin Pleitez, 25, was killed July 27th while serving in Afghanistan. Pleitez was from Turlock.
A memorial service will take place Wednesday at the Seventh-day Adventist church in Turlock.
Pleitez is the fourth California National Guardsmen to die in Afghanistan.
turlock, modesto, afghanistan war, afghanistan, state
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 54 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 27 min ago
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 5 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free