Fallen Turlock National Guard Soldier returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of a California National Guard Soldier arrived at the Modesto Airport late Tuesday morning.
Benjamin Pleitez, 25, was killed July 27th while serving in Afghanistan. Pleitez was from Turlock.
A memorial service will take place Wednesday at the Seventh-day Adventist church in Turlock.
Pleitez is the fourth California National Guardsmen to die in Afghanistan.
turlock, modesto, afghanistan war, afghanistan, state
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 53 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 58 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos