Fallen Turlock National Guard Soldier returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of a California National Guard Soldier arrived at the Modesto Airport late Tuesday morning.
Benjamin Pleitez, 25, was killed July 27th while serving in Afghanistan. Pleitez was from Turlock.
A memorial service will take place Wednesday at the Seventh-day Adventist church in Turlock.
Pleitez is the fourth California National Guardsmen to die in Afghanistan.
turlock, modesto, afghanistan war, afghanistan, state
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 42 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno 21 min ago
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect