SoCal mom convicted of sexually assaulting teen son's hockey teammate
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- An Orange County mother has been found guilty of sexually assaulting her teenage son's 16-year-old hockey teammate.
Jurors deadlocked on charges related to lewd acts charges on a second boy, a 13-year-old. Prosecutors plan to retry her on those felony counts.
Investigators say Kathia Davis, a divorced mother of three, hosted drinking parties for the hockey team at her house in Laguna Niguel.
Davis acknowledged having sex with the 16-year-old but insisted that she had to rebuff the advances of the 13-year-old. She was arrested last September.
The 45-year-old faces up to five years in state prison for the conviction. She is scheduled for the re-trial and sentencing on Nov. 5 in Santa Ana.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 34 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case