Newly appointed SF archbishop arrested for DUI
SAN FRANCISCO (KFSN) -- The newly appointed archbishop of San Francisco was arrested for DUI over the weekend.
Police in San Diego say Bishop Salvatore Cordileone was arrested over the weekend for driving under the influence. Police say it happened in San Diego's College District just before 12:30 Saturday morning.
Click for more from KGO-TV in San Francisco
Bishop Cordileone is currently bishop of Oakland -- a post he's held since 2009. Last month Pope Benedict chose Bishop Cordileone to become archbishop of San Francisco -- replacing retiring Archbishop George Niederaur. He's scheduled to assume the new post in October.
san francisco, state
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 14 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 41 min ago
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit 41 min ago
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed 41 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings