Newly appointed SF archbishop arrested for DUI
SAN FRANCISCO (KFSN) -- The newly appointed archbishop of San Francisco was arrested for DUI over the weekend.
Police in San Diego say Bishop Salvatore Cordileone was arrested over the weekend for driving under the influence. Police say it happened in San Diego's College District just before 12:30 Saturday morning.
Click for more from KGO-TV in San Francisco
Bishop Cordileone is currently bishop of Oakland -- a post he's held since 2009. Last month Pope Benedict chose Bishop Cordileone to become archbishop of San Francisco -- replacing retiring Archbishop George Niederaur. He's scheduled to assume the new post in October.
san francisco, state
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide