Teen detained for sex abuse at parents' daycare
BURBANK, Calif. -- Investigators are questioning the teenage son of a Burbank daycare operator after a mother told police her 4-year-old son was molested.
The 14-year-old boy was taken to Sylmar Juvenile Hall where he was being detained for investigation of sexually abusing a child.
A Burbank police news release says California Department of Social Services officials are assisting and conducting a full review of the Mejia Family Day Care operation.
The little boy's mother reported the alleged molestation on Monday.
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos