NorCal woman fired for n-word Obama reference on Facebook
TURLOCK, California -- A California woman has been fired and reported to the Secret Service for her President Barack Obama racial slur and assassination comment on Facebook.
The Modesto Bee says 22-year-old Denise Helms of Turlock posted the inflammatory comments on the social media site shortly after the president's re-election on Tuesday.
She used the n-word in referring to Obama and wrote that maybe he will be assassinated this term.
Helms then told a Sacramento TV station that she wouldn't mind a bit if someone assassinated Obama.
Helms was fired Thursday from her job at the Stone Cold Creamy store.
Store director Chris Kegle says the comments are disgusting.
Secret Service Agent Scott Gillingham in Sacramento says the incident is being investigated.
Threats against the president can lead to felony charges.
Information from: The Modesto Bee, http://www.modbee.com
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 27 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times