NorCal woman fired for n-word Obama reference on Facebook
TURLOCK, California -- A California woman has been fired and reported to the Secret Service for her President Barack Obama racial slur and assassination comment on Facebook.
The Modesto Bee says 22-year-old Denise Helms of Turlock posted the inflammatory comments on the social media site shortly after the president's re-election on Tuesday.
She used the n-word in referring to Obama and wrote that maybe he will be assassinated this term.
Helms then told a Sacramento TV station that she wouldn't mind a bit if someone assassinated Obama.
Helms was fired Thursday from her job at the Stone Cold Creamy store.
Store director Chris Kegle says the comments are disgusting.
Secret Service Agent Scott Gillingham in Sacramento says the incident is being investigated.
Threats against the president can lead to felony charges.
Information from: The Modesto Bee, http://www.modbee.com
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 19 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates