Suspect arrested in Old Sacramento shooting
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Police have a suspect in custody for a New Year's Eve shooting at a bar in the Old Sacramento area that killed two people.
Authorities say the 22-year-old was among three people wounded Monday evening. His injuries and those to a security guard and a woman are not life threatening.
Police say it started as an argument inside the bar and escalated. When an employee tried to break it up, he was shot, as were the woman and another man.
That man and the employee died at the scene.
Authorities say the armed guard heard the gunshots and got into a gunfight with the suspect and both were wounded.
Afterward, police canceled the midnight fireworks show that was expected to draw as many as 40,000 people.
sacramento, shooting, state
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 10 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
39 min ago