Suspect arrested in Old Sacramento shooting
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Police have a suspect in custody for a New Year's Eve shooting at a bar in the Old Sacramento area that killed two people.
Authorities say the 22-year-old was among three people wounded Monday evening. His injuries and those to a security guard and a woman are not life threatening.
Police say it started as an argument inside the bar and escalated. When an employee tried to break it up, he was shot, as were the woman and another man.
That man and the employee died at the scene.
Authorities say the armed guard heard the gunshots and got into a gunfight with the suspect and both were wounded.
Afterward, police canceled the midnight fireworks show that was expected to draw as many as 40,000 people.
sacramento, shooting, state
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar 40 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire